Who We Are
Angela Landry, an LMFT, Nationally Certified Counselor, and Certified Sex Therapist of Restoration Counseling TN, is a passionate individual seeking to help others. She takes satisfaction in working with individuals, couples, and groups. Angela received her undergraduate degrees from Trevecca Nazarene University in downtown Nashville, TN in Behavioral Science and Religious Studies. She graduated from Richmont Graduate University (formerly Psychological Studies Institute) an intensive program dedicated to training counselors in therapeutic philosophies and techniques from a Christian perspective, where she received a Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. Furthermore, she also received specializations in Counseling & Spirituality from Richmont and Christian Sex Therapy through the Institute for Sexual Wholeness. Angela has completed Gottman Level 2, EMDR Level 2, Prepare and Enrich, Brainspotting Level 2 and is a certified EAGALA equine therapist.
Angela favors a psychodynamic and eclectic approach that addresses spiritual and religious components to each client’s personal and unique journey with God. This includes looking into past and present factors on the client. Upon request, however, Angela willingly explores with clients more enriching ways of fully experiencing God and His calling in their lives.
In addition to her education, Angela believes in being a life long student and remains a part of the Nashville community of therapists and counselors. She served on barious commities and boards, such as the Nasville Area Assoc. for Christian Counselors.
- Angela has been an adjunct professor for Trevecca Unv. TN Temple Univ and Piedmont College, for under-graduate and Liberty Unv, for psychology and counseling related courses. She also speaks about intimacy within couples with Dr. Mike Sytsman through passionate intimacy workshops. (www.intimatemanage.org).
Angela is also a member in good standing with several professional associations such as:
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- American Board for Certified Sex Therapists (ABCST)
- Tennessee Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (TNAMFT)
- Nashville Association for Christian Counselors (NACC)
- American Association for Christian Counselors (AACC)
- Nashville Psychotherapy Institute (NPI)
- Nashville Alliance for Sexual Health (NASH)
- International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health (ISSWSH)
When not working, Angela enjoys time with her husband and sons, painting, being outdoors, riding horses, and reading.